9/26/11

Returning from a Long Break

I had to take a break from blogging.

One thing after another happened, and I found although I had a lot to say I just didn't have the time or energy to want to share it.

Most of August I was sick.  And then my mind and attention was brought elsewhere by my sister getting engaged, Finnley's 3rd birthday!, and my family coming to town, then the kiddos getting sick.

I also went through a bit of questioning myself on certain things, such as homeschooling.  I have been very excited about it - but then early August I started seeing a bunch of friend's kids going to kindergarten - and they were so stinkin' cute and excited!  I started thinking, "Am I denying Finn and Lala some special memories?"

But the good thing is that it lead me to do more research, questioning, etc. of homeschooling.  And ultimately (after about a month and a half of being on the fence) I went right back to my decision that homeschooling for most of elementary will most likely be what we do.  I'm sure I'll make a blog post just about that in the near future ... maybe tonight?  I have a few loads of laundry to do anyway...

No comments: