At the end of the day I look around our apartment and can't help but think, it looks like I did nothing all day.
Dishes are overflowing in the sink.
Toys are covering the floor.
I don't think one more piece of trash can be stuffed in, or balanced on top of the garbage in the can.
As of right now I have not even drained the bathtub from the kidlet's bath (which was about three hours ago).
I am exhausted at the end of the day, and the house is still a wreck!
I did do something, right?
So far, and I have about two more hours until calling it a night, I have:
- Done a load of dishes.
- Done 5 loads of laundry... yes 5.
- Walked to the bank (4 mile round trip)
- Turned in games to GameStop
- Made breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Plus two snacks.
- Bathed the babies.
- Worked out at the gym for 20 min.
- On top of that I have played with the kiddos, broken up a few fights, made about 5 cups of coffee, given kisses and hugs, and I even squeezed in a two hour nap.
So although the house looks a mess, maybe my complete and utter exhaustion isn't completely uncalled for...
but now it's time to finish the rest of my 'to-do' list.