12/29/11

Thankful Thursday - the 9th Anniversary Edition!

Today is all about how thankful I am for my husband and family.  Today marks Lawrence's and my 9th anniversary since we started dating way back in 2002.

Quick history:  Lawrence and I met while working at Roller Skate Land in Santee.  While I was working the front door with Lawrence (I strapped on wristbands and he worked as security) our boss jokingly would tell us he was putting me up there so Lawrence and I could "connect".    

We spent a lot of time talking about "boaty-boat" (I was on the SDSU crew team at the time) and Dragon Ball Z (in case you didn't know I can be quite the nerd) and joking with our good friend, Michael who also worked the front door with us.  We also spent a lot of time talking on AIM til really late at night.  It was a lot of fun.

And here we are today, still having fun.  We have a beautiful growing family, and we truly love and respect each other.

My favorite thing in the world, above hearing my kids tell me they love me... is hearing them tell Lawrence they love him.  It melts my heart every time. 

I love how much he loves them!  It makes me smile every time he tells Lawson he is going to give him kisses until he is in high school, haha. 

I feel unbelievably blessed by this family we have created together - and the fact that we are about to add one more is exciting!   

So I am thankful for Lawrence.  I am thankful that I found such an awesome, loving, funny, honest, and respectable man to call my husband.  

I am thankful that he is so supportive of me and my dreams.  

I am thankful that he listens to me when I need to vent.  

I am thankful that he is such a hard working provider for our family so that I can stay at home with our babies.  

I am thankful that he brings such positivity to our life together.   

I am thankful that after nine years I still look forward to him getting home.
He inspires me to be a better person.

He encourages me and my relationship with God.

He makes me laugh daily.

He is a FANTASTIC daddy to our kiddos.
Nine years ago I could not have predicted that we would have such a happy little life together.  We may not have a lot, but we are blessed.


No comments: