8/4/11

Thankful Thursday #1

This is my first week of recording what I'm thankful for, and unfortunately I have to cut it short - it is already very much past my bed time!  But there were three big ones (and another that just happened to be inspired while writing) that I wanted to start off with.

My goal is to do this weekly, with ten a week.  And not to repeat.

1.  God's Love.  
I couldn't start any list of what I'm thankful for without putting this first.  It is the only thing that has gotten our family to where it is today.  We have been blessed and it is only by the grace of God and his guidance that we have.  Even when doubts slip into my mind, I am quickly pointed in the direction to give me the faith I need.  I am just now starting this incredible journey of really trying to seriously seek out a relationship with Him and it is very humbling.


2.  My Husband's Support.  
Whether it be that I want to be a SAHM, start my own business, lose weight, etc.  Lawrence has always been the first to support me and really believe I could do it.  He doesn't bring up all the things that will stand in my way, he just says, "I think you can".  I wish I could say that I have always shown the same amount of support towards him, but I haven't.   I am so thankful that our kids will have this same sort of support in their lives - we all know what holds us back, but we just need that one person who believes we can overcome.  He is amazing and I am so blessed to have him as my husband.  I at first had "My Husband" as my number two - which would be very accurate.   But there are so many reasons I am thankful for Lawrence, so I just decided to name that one quality so I could list him multiple times!

3.  Iced Tea.  (Obviously this list is not in order - I just so happen to be drinking and Iced Tea and decided it needed to be on this weeks list.) 


4.  Being a Stay-at-Home-Mommy. 
We sacrifice a lot in order to do it. But the important part is we are able to. Our kids have no idea that we have less than others but they do know that they always have either their mommy or daddy with them. Always someone who wants to care for them because they love them, not because they are paid to. It truly is a blessing to have less knowing that in the end we really come out with more.


 

No comments: